Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My days in Montreat

I've spent the last three weeks in the beautiful mountains of Montreat NC.  The first week was spent with good friends from Pine Bluff AR.  We've spent this special week together for the last 20 years and look forward to another 20!  We spend the whole week rocking on the front porch and knitting.  That's my chair in the corner, my favorite spot.

I started these green socks three summers ago, on the porch, and have almost finished them with the help of my PB knitting friends.

My friends drive from Pine Bluff AR and this year took their time and enjoyed the sites.  They discovered an Amish community and made several purchase of vegetables, preserves and bread along the way.  Here is the 11 lb cabbage that they paid about $1.50 for.  We ate boiled cabbage and greens, cabbage slaw and several other cabbage dishes and still had cabbage left over at week end.  The apple butter and FROG jam was fabulous on the fresh homemade bread.

Their description of the different Amish families they bought from was fascinating and said the children were so beautiful and very shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment